Google Analytics isn’t enough. It doesn’t tell you exactly where your customers click. It doesn’t show you where customer’s are looking on your page. It doesn’t do live recordings of visitors. It’s in-page analytics are quite limited. Web design is an optimization process that requires this valuable information. You should be changing your site on an ongoing basis based on visitor behaviour. Web design is only 30% art; the other 70% is communication and optimization that can be measured.
Mouseflow (http://mouseflow.com/) has a free package that allows you to record where your customer moves the mouse, where that person clicks, and how far the user scrolls. Based on this data, you can rearrange your copywriting, call-to-action, phone number, etc.
Crazy Egg (http://www.crazyegg.com/) has a free 30 day trial. This program offers a lot of the same features as Mouseflow. But it doesn’t do actual recordings of visitors as they interact with your site.
Experiment with different analytics and user testing software. Keep asking yourself “what information will help me make web design decisions”? If you don’t keep asking this, you’ll end up with a bunch of useless metrics.